- For course work leading to a professional master’s degree, credit on a resident basis will be granted for graduate courses taken at a graduate center approved by the Board of Regents, provided:
- the student has been admitted to the Graduate School of the University of Georgia prior to taking the course;
- the physical facilities such as classrooms, library, and teaching aids are adequate as determined by a site visit of at least three persons, one appointed by the dean of the school or college offering the course, one appointed by the Director of Libraries, and one appointed by the dean of the Graduate School; and
- the instructor is the same one who teaches the course on campus, or is approved by the dean of the school or college offering the course and the dean of the Graduate School.
- Resident credit will be granted for course work or research leading to degrees other than professional master’s degrees offered at off-campus locations provided:
- the student has been admitted to the Graduate School prior to taking the course;
the requirement of two consecutive semesters of full-time work on campus in Athens for all doctoral students is satisfied;
- the requirement of two semesters of full-time work on campus in Athens (which need not be consecutive) is, in general, satisfied for all candidates for MA and MS degrees.An exception to the above may be made for students who prefer to spend one semester of full-time work abroad in a program of study approved by the University of Georgia or the Board of Regents. Such study shall be counted as resident credit; and the instructor is the same one who teaches the course or directs the research on campus, or is approved by the dean of the school or college offering the work and the dean of the Graduate School.
- Residence or non-residence credit for Studies Abroad is determined by the department from which a student is seeking a degree.
- Resident credit is considered any course for which registration takes place through the Athena system so that they appear on the student’s official transcript without a manual transfer process, which includes UGA online courses, and any courses taken under the cross-registration policy.