(Juniors / Gap Year)
Applying to graduate school can be a challenging process. This program is designed to help facilitate the successful completion of your graduate school application. Through interactive presentations and group discussion, you will be provided with practical and timely information to help navigate this journey.
This interactive session will allow participants to:
- Explore the advantages of applying to graduate school
- Learn how to construct a compelling personal statement
- Obtain advice on creating a graduate school resume or CV
- Learn insider tips on how to score competitively on the GRE
- Speak with current students about their graduate school experience
- Learn essential strategies to secure graduate school funding
This event is open to undergraduate students in their junior year. Seniors who are planning to take a gap year are also encouraged to attend. Applicants must be affiliated with one of the following programs: Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program, UGA Feeder Program*, The Gates Millennium Scholars Program, The Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP) Program, or the Research Initiative for Scientific Enhancement (RISE) program.
*The UGA Feeder Program provides an avenue for students from participating institutions to transition into graduate studies at the University of Georgia. Students who will be graduating from one of the following institutions qualify for the Feeder program: Albany State University, Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, Fort Valley State University, and Spelman College. If you would like to attend this event, please contact the Program Coordinator on your campus for additional information and details about what it means to be a Feeder student.