Follow the suggestions below to reduce admissions delays. All international students must pay the U.S. government required Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee of $100 before entering the United States. Note: students with Canadian citizenship must submit the certificate of finances and official bank statements as do all international students.
Certificate of Finances
- Read the instructions on the form carefully.
- Make sure your funds total at least the minimum amount listed on the budget.
- If you leave the form blank, you will be asked to submit a new one.
- If you have sponsorship, the sponsor’s signature is required.
- Indicate a UGA assistantship only if you have already been awarded the assistantship.
- Must be original with a bank’s stamp/seal and official signature
- Photocopies, notarized copies or faxed documents are not accepted.
- Must be in English or original language with English translations
- Date on statement cannot be more than six months old
- Must indicate “deposit balance,” not statements such as “ability to pay,” “sufficient resources,” or “general averages.”
- Name of the bank
- Bank’s letterhead stationery with name of the bank
- Date letter was prepared
- Student’s name or sponsor’s name in English
- Deposit balance of US$
- Official’s signature
- Stamp from the bank