The Graduate School and Graduate-Professional Student Association (GPSA) invite all members of the graduate community to participate in our annual Fall Food Drive, November 6-13, 2017.
All donations of non-perishable food goods collected between Monday, November 6, and Monday morning, Nov. 13, will be taken to the Northeast Georgia Food Bank.
The Northeast Georgia Food Bank provides emergency food assistance to over 60,000 people in our region. Forty percent of those individuals are under age 18. Last year the graduate community donated over one ton of food and a significant amount of money to the Northeast Georgia Food Bank.
Donations may be dropped off at the Graduate School in Terrell Hall, 210 S. Jackson Street, the GPSA office on the lower level of the Tate Center on the Athens campus, or a participating graduate organization/department. Donation pick-up can also be arranged by contacting Judy Milton at the Graduate School, or 706-542-6086 or Johnita Daniel, GPSA President,
If your student organization or department would like to participate in the food drive, please let us know so that we can include your organization’s name and location for making donations on the Graduate School and the GPSA websites and Facebook pages.
These are the most needed items by the food bank:
- Whole grain foods
- Shelf stable milk(cow, soy, rice, etc.)
- Fruit, dried or canned in light syrup or juice
- Low-sodium, no salt added vegetables
- Low-sodium pasta sauce in plastic container
- 100% fruit and/or vegetable juice
- Cooking oil
- Foods high in protein
- Natural peanut butter (no hydrogenated oil)
- Dried beans
- Dried peas
- Dried lentils
- Canned tuna – canned in water, not oil
- Canned salmon – canned in water, not oil
- Canned chicken – canned in water, not oil
- Unsalted nuts
Non-food items needed:
- Paper products