The Graduate Student Laptop Loaner Program provides short-term access to laptop computers to enrolled graduate students for academic purposes. The program is designed to alleviate short-term emergency hardships and does not eliminate the need for students to furnish their own computers for graduate study. Laptops are loaned out only for the current semester. Renewals are not available.
- The graduate student must be enrolled in the semester for which the request is submitted.
- The need for the laptop should alleviate short-term emergency hardships.
- Complete the Laptop Loaner Request Form in GradStatus.
- Your request will be reviewed and you will be contacted within three business days.
Check Out Procedures:
- Laptop computers must be checked out in person.
- Laptop computers must be returned by the graduate student (borrower) who checked it out by the end of the semester.
- Only one laptop computer can be checked out at a time.
- The borrower is responsible for the laptop and its peripherals the entire time.
- The borrower listed on the Request Checkout Form is responsible for any damage to the laptop computer, whether intentional or accidental. The borrower will be charged accordingly based on the cost to repair or replace the laptop computer.
- The borrower must save their data to an external data source (such as a USB drive).
- The borrower MUST return the laptop by the expected return date specified or when it is recalled by the Graduate School.
- If the laptop computer is stolen or damaged, immediately notify Chuck Thornton at email@example.com .
The Graduate School will not be responsible for lost data. Once the laptop computer is returned, all data on its hard disks will be permanently deleted. All laptop computers are subject to the terms of the EITS’ Use of Computers Polices https://eits.uga.edu/access_and_security/infosec/pols_regs/policies/aup whether on or off campus.
Please contact Karen Young at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.