The Future Scholars Visitation Program is a diversity and inclusive initiative for admitted graduate students, allowing them to visit the University of Georgia campus and their academic departments of interest. This program follows the University of Georgia’s strategic plan to create a more diverse environment on campus by recruiting historically underrepresented students within the discipline and/or first-generation students.
Students who are nominated must:
- Be eligible to pursue a graduate degree in Fall 2023
- Be nominated by the graduate coordinator
- Self-identify with a background underrepresented within the discipline and/or first-generation
Students who are selected will attend a virtual workshop to:
- Connect with diverse faculty & staff at UGA
- Develop a strong support system with other FSVP students
- Learn about resources, offices, and units for student transition needs
Nominations open early January and end mid-February. Interested students should contact the Graduate Coordinator for their program of interest.
Recruitment & Diversity Initiatives | email@example.com