Program Accomplishments Report
Action Research Series
Doctoral Completion Strategies
Critique of Research Series
- Ali, A., & Kohun, F. (2007). Dealing with social isolation to minimize doctoral attrition—a four stage framework. International Journal of Doctoral Studies, 2(1), 33-49.
- Anderson, M. S., & Swazey, J. P. (1998). Reflections on the graduate student experience: An overview. New Directions in Higher Education, 101, 3-13.
- Attiyeh, G. (1999). Reflections Determinants of persistence of graduate students in Ph.D. programs. Princeton, NJ: GRE Board Research Report 95-18R.
- Bair, C. R., & Haworth, J. G. (1999). Doctoral student attrition and persistence: A meta-synthesis of research. ASHE Annual Meeting Paper, San Antonio, TX. Nov. 18-21, 1999.
- Clewell, B. C. (1987). Retention of black and Hispanic doctoral students. GRE Board Report No. 83-4R, ETS Research Report 87-10.
- Gilliam, J. C., & Kritsonis, W. A. (2006). National implications: The hidden nature of doctoral student attrition. Doctoral Forum, National Journal for Publishing and Mentoring Doctoral Student Research, 3(1).
- Golde, C. M., & Dore, T. M. (2001). At cross purposes: What the experiences of today’s doctoral students tell us about doctoral education. Science, 291, 408-409.
- Haworth, J. G. (Ed.). (1996). Assessing graduate and professional education: Current realities, future prospects. New Directions for Institutional Research, N. 92.
- Lovitts, B. E. (2001). Leaving the ivory tower: The causes and consequences of departure from doctoral study. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Nelson, C., & Lovitts, B. (2001). Ten ways to keep graduate students from quitting. Retrieved July 18, 2008, from: http://chronicle.com/article/10-Ways-to-Keep-Graduate/6173.
- Smallwood, S. (2004). Doctor dropout. The Chronicle of Higher Education. Retrieved June 8, 2008, from: http://chronicle.com/section/Home/5.