Single Semester Short term loans are loans that are given to qualified students after the first day of the current semester and must be repaid in full during the semester they are made.
- Enrolled in at least one course during the semester for which applying for the loan
- Zero Balance on Student Account
- Must have no flags on UGA records from Accounts Receivable, Bursar and Treasury Services, or Student Account Services
- Must not have paid a previous single semester short term loan late more than two months past due
- Must not have paid late on two previous single semester short term loan. The first time borrowers pay their loan late, they are placed on probation. The second time they are no longer eligible to receive short term loans
- Must not have repaid a previous single semester short term loan with check that was not honored by the bank