This fund is managed by the Office of Student Affairs and is available to provide one-time financial assistance to enrolled students who are unable to meet immediate, essential expenses because of temporary hardship related to an emergency situation, such as an accident, illness, death of a family member, natural disaster, or other unforeseen circumstance.
Types of Expenses that May Be Covered
Medications or other health-related costs; Rent, utilities, or other essential household expenses; Books or other essential academic expenses; Personal safety needs (e.g. changing a lock); Replacement of essential personal belongings due to natural disaster, fire, theft, or other unforeseen circumstance; Travel costs related to a death or serious illness in the immediate family
- Be enrolled at the University of Georgia for the term the emergency aid is being requested
- Have temporary financial hardship resulting from an emergency situation
- Have exhausted all federal student aid options (including student loans). Unwillingness to take out student loans does not constitute a financial hardship
- Have remaining need based on the current year Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be in good academic standing and maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress with the University
- Provide sufficient documentation of financial hardship
Click here for more information on the Student Emergency Fund.