The Graduate Student Laptop Loaner Program provides short-term access to laptop computers to enrolled graduate students for academic purposes. Laptops can be loaned out for up to one semester.
- The graduate student must be enrolled in the semester for which the request is submitted.
- The student does not have access to a laptop for academic purposes.
- Complete the Laptop Loaner Request Form in GradStatus.
- Your request will be reviewed and you will be contacted within three business days.
Check Out Procedures:
- Laptop computers must be checked out in person.
- Laptop computers must be returned by the graduate student (borrower) who checked it out.
- Only one laptop computer can be checked out at a time.
- The borrower is responsible for the laptop and its peripherals the entire time.
- The borrower listed on the Request Checkout Form is responsible for any damage to the laptop computer, whether intentional or accidental. The borrower will be charged accordingly based on the cost to repair or replace the laptop computer.
- The borrower must save their data to an external data source (such as a USB drive).
- The borrower MUST return the laptop by the expected return date specified or when it is recalled by the Graduate School.
- If the laptop computer is stolen or damaged, immediately notify Chuck Thornton at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Graduate School will not be responsible for lost data. Once the laptop computer is returned, all data on its hard disks will be permanently deleted. All laptop computers are subject to the terms of the EITS’ Use of Computers Polices https://eits.uga.edu/access_and_security/infosec/pols_regs/policies/aup whether on or off campus.
Please contact Karen Young at email@example.com if you have questions.