UGA First-Gen Graduate Student Success
The University of Georgia Graduate School celebrates the accomplishments of our First-Generation graduate students who chart new pathways for their families and communities. First-Gen graduate students demonstrate resilience and innovation in navigating institutional spaces. We seek to affirm your experiences and hope this webpage provides a launching point for locating useful resources and finding community within the UGA family.
FEATURES OF THE GRADUATE SCHOOL’S FIRST-GEN INITIATIVES
- Deliver academic and professional programming for First-Generation graduate students.
- Connect First-Gen graduate students with health and wellness resources.
- Provide a resource page with links to campus offices and student organizations, as well as books, articles, and additional resources for First-Gen graduate students.
- Support awareness of, and appreciation for, the unique experience of the First-Gen graduate students.
- Encourage community among First-Gen graduate students, First-Gen undergraduate students, First-Gen faculty, and First-Gen staff.
FIRST-GEN GRADUATE STUDENT RESOURCES
- First-Gen Success at UGA (University-wide)
- Building a #SupportSquad offered through the Division of Academic Enhancement
- Thursday January 21st via Zoom 5-6 PM | Register
- Managing Social Isolation in Graduate School offered through CAPS
- Learning More About the UGA Mentoring Program offered through the UGA Career Center
- Thursday February 18th via Zoom 5-6 PM | Register