Thank you for the Future Scholars Visitation Program experience. I never had this experience as an undergraduate or graduate student. The University of Georgia truly made me feel seen. I even left feeling like my age was an asset rather than an obstacle.” –2018 Future Scholars Participant
“You all put together an amazing program for us Future Scholars! After this experience, I can definitely see myself pursuing my doctoral studies at UGA.” –2018 Future Scholars Participant
The 21st Future Scholars Visitation Program will be held November 7-9, 2021.
The University of Georgia Graduate School’s Office of Recruitment & Diversity Initiatives is honored to host our 21st Annual Future Scholars Visitation Program. The Future Scholars Visitation Program serves as a recruitment tool for prospective graduate students, allowing them to visit the University of Georgia campus and their academic departments of interest. This program follows the University of Georgia’s strategic plan to create a more diverse environment on campus by recruiting students from underrepresented within the discipline and/or first-generation populations. Current undergraduate seniors, masters and/or professional students, and graduates from colleges and universities across the United States, including minority-serving institutions and graduate preparation programs, are eligible to be considered. Students who are selected must:
- Be eligible to pursue a graduate degree in Fall 2022
- Have a cumulative 3.5 GPA or higher (on a 4.0 scale) reflected on an official/unofficial transcript
- Self-identify with a background underrepresented within the discipline and/or first-generation
This day-long event includes the opportunity for participants to:
- Meet academic administrators
- Discuss program and research interests with department faculty
- Network with current and other prospective graduate students
- Participate in workshops on admissions, research, and funding opportunities
“Through this program, I have fallen more in love with UGA than I was before. I truly feel like I was able to get all the information I needed to not only apply but be a successful student if admitted.” –2018 Future Scholars Participant
All selected participants will receive an application fee waiver for their UGA graduate school application. Interested students should contact the Graduate Coordinator for their program of interest.