- This event has passed.
The Academic Job Search Panel Discussion
In an interactive panel discussion, learn from fellow PhD candidates on navigating the academic job search.
– Dr. Adrienne Baldwin-White, Associate Professor in the School of Social Work
– Dr. Earl (Bud) Cooper, Clinical Professor for Department of Kinesiology, Clinical Education Coordinator (Athletic Training), Program Director (Strength, Conditioning and Fitness)
– Dr. Adam Milewski, Associate Professor and Associate Department Head of Hydrogeology & Remote Sensing in the Department of Geology
– Emily Saunders, Training and Development Senior Manager, UGA Human Resources
During this panel discussion, we hope to address the following:
1. What is the timeline for the academic job search?
2. How can a PhD candidate gain a competitive edge through their application materials (CV, teaching philosophy, cover letter)?
3. What does a typical academic interview process look like? How long does the interview last, and what are the typical questions?
4. Other words of wisdom and advice to help candidates get the offer
We hope you’ll join us for this session as you begin the academic job search!
Pre-registration is NOT required.
The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people. If you have accessibility concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the event to arrange reasonable accommodations.
Recommended dress for this event: Casual