The Office of International Education (OIE) offers advisory services on study abroad programs lasting an academic year, semester, summer, or Maymester. It also maintains an extensive library for those seeking study, work, internship, volunteering, or travel abroad opportunities. Detailed information can be found at OIE web site: http://www.uga.edu/oie/.
The following UGA study abroad and exchange programs are open to graduate students:
- Agriculture and Ecology in Tropical America (Costa Rica)
- Bamberg Exchange Program (Germany)
- Brazil-U.S. Consortium in Agroecology
- Cannes Film Festival Study Abroad (France)
- Classics Studies Abroad in Rome (Italy)
- Drama and Theatre in London and Dublin (United Kingdom/Ireland)
- Elementary Education in Italy
- Erlangen Exchange Program (Germany)
- India Abroad; International Agribusiness Marketing and Management
- Focus on Mexico
- International Fisheries: Salmonid Biology (Canada)
- Islam, Islamic Culture, and Arabic in Morocco
- Kenya Study Abroad Program
- Kyushu University Exchange (Japan)
- Maymester in New Zealand
- Maymester in Tanzania
- Porto Exchange Program (Portugal)
- Monterrey Exchange Program (Mexico)
- Rostock Exchange Program (Germany)
- South Africa Study Tour in Adult Education (South Africa)
- Studies Abroad Switzerland
- Study Abroad in Great Britain: British Landscapes, Literature, and Education
- Study Abroad in Peru
- Study Abroad Program – Japan
- Study Abroad Program in Oaxaca, Mexico
- Study Tour in Family and Consumer Sciences (Mexico)
- Summer-in-Ghana; The Xalapa Experience
- Learning about Language, Culture, and Education in Mexico
- UGA at Oxford Study Abroad Program (United Kingdom)
- UGA in South America (Argentina)
- UGA Studies Abroad – Cortona; Italy
- University of Helsinki Exchange Program
- University of the West Indies Exchange Program
- Veracruz Exchange Program (Mexico)
- Wildlife Management in South Africa
Moreover, some departments, centers or institutes have non-traditional Study Abroad programs that fit graduate students needs for preliminary research, internships or other academic endeavors overseas.
In addition, graduate students may take courses on programs through other universities and transfer the credit back to UGA, provided approval of their major professor, graduate coordinator and dean of the Graduate School is given. Students wishing to transfer back graduate credit should meet with a study abroad advisor in the OIE to receive proper forms for approval.
The Graduate School provides funding opportunities for international travel for graduate students presenting their work or scouting research abroad. Some aid may also be applied to programs offered by other universities. In addition, OIE keeps information on scholarships that may be applied to study abroad or for obtaining a graduate degree at an international university. Please see our website or visit the Study Abroad Library in 203F Barrow Hall for more information.
To meet with a study abroad advisor, please call the OIE: (706) 425-3274. The office is located in Bank of America Building, 110 E. Clayton Street, Athens, GA 30602, e-mail: email@example.com, or visit the OIE web site: http://www.uga.edu/oie/.