The University of Georgia’s PREP, “Post-baccalaureate Training in Infectious Diseases Research,” provides focused research training opportunities to students from underrepresented backgrounds. In this NIH-funded program, we work closely with recent post-baccalaureate students during a one-year, stipend-supported program to provide them with the skills necessary to excel in biomedical graduate training programs. PREP@UGA will equip those with the desire and motivation to become the next generation of biomedical researchers with the required credentials to achieve their goal. A unique feature of PREP@UGA is the focus on training in infectious diseases.
- Gain skills enabling them to pursue further studies in any area of biomedical research
- Receive individualized mentoring from experts in the biomedical field
- Receive assistance in applying to competitive PhD and MD/PhD programs, including intensive GRE preparation
- Receive a one year stipend with access to health insurance
- Have opportunities to travel and present research at notable conferences or symposia
Program information and an online application can be accessed at prep.uga.edu.
Degree Code: NON_GM
500 D. W. Brooks Dr.
Coverdell Center, Room N330C
University of Georgia Athens, GA 30602