Rigorous, full-time, 2-year, 6-semester program that prepares highly skilled & confident healthcare practitioners in the profession of athletic training, capable of entering the healthcare field while practicing in a variety of clinical settings.
Degree Type: Masters
Degree Program Code: MSAT_ATHL
Degree Program Summary:
The athletic training program at UGA is a rigorous, full-time, two-year, six-semester program that will prepare students to become highly skilled and confident healthcare practitioners in the profession of athletic training, capable of entering the healthcare field while practicing in a variety of clinical settings. Students completing this program will be eligible for certification and licensure as an athletic trainer.
Athletic trainers are healthcare professionals who prevent, evaluate, diagnose, treat, and rehabilitate emergent, acute, and chronic injuries and illnesses in direct collaboration with a physician. The athletic training program at UGA is a full-time, two-year, six-semester program that will prepare students to become highly skilled and confident healthcare practitioners in the profession of athletic training. capable of practicing in a variety of clinical settings, to include such areas as:
- Professional, Olympic, collegiate, interscholastic, and recreational sports
- Rehabilitation centers and clinics focused on sports medicine, orthopedics, cardiac rehabilitation, wellness, and neurological rehabilitation
- Physician practices
- Hospital emergency rooms and urgent care centers
- Occupational health in industrial, manufacturing, and distribution centers
- Civil services and public safety – Law enforcement and fire departments, branches of the military, NASA
- Performing arts
- Students completing this program will be eligible to challenge the Board of Certification, certification examination to become a certified and licensed athletic trainer. Additionally, students will be eligible to challenge the National Registry examination to become an Emergency
- Medicine Technician.
The Athletic Training Program offers a progressive and unique curriculum taught by faculty with expertise in their respective areas. Students completing the Athletic Training program will complete courses in an accelerated manner to allow for over 40-weeks of immersive clinical experiences. Courses throughout the program prepare students to manage a comprehensive athletic training program. Students will take courses designed to prevent, evaluate, treat, and rehabilitate acute and chronic illness and injuries throughout the lifespan.
Students interested in the Athletic Training Program should visit the program website to review the admission requirements and application procedure.
Athens (Main Campus)
College / School:
Mary Frances Early College of Education
110 Carlton Street
Athens, GA 30602