Prioritizing graduate education is critical to supporting and advancing the research, teaching and outreach missions of Georgia’s flagship University. We seek to foster excellence in a broad, inclusive, and growing graduate enterprise that prepares intellectual leaders of the State, Nation, and World.
To empower and enrich global communities through advancements inspired by graduate education.
Strategic Plan 2025
Goal 1: Support graduate student success and well-being.
- Strategy 1.A: Enhance advocacy on behalf of graduate students for University and System-level decisions (health insurance, fees, assistantships, access to mental health care etc.)
- Strategy 1.B: Offer Graduate School programming that is innovative, data-driven, responsive, and accessible
- Strategy 1.C: Facilitate the enhancement, excellence and enrollment growth of Interdisciplinary Graduate Programs (IGP)
- Strategy 1.D: Develop and implement strategies to ensure effective graduate student mentoring
Goal 2: Endorse equity and justice in graduate education by promoting access and retention, particularly for underserved students.
- Strategy 2.A: Ensure access to graduate education by recruiting historically underrepresented and first-generation graduate students.
- Strategy 2.B: Promote retention of historically underrepresented and first-generation graduate students.
Goal 3: Strengthen and simplify processes to support Graduate School stakeholders.
- Strategy 3.A: Work with Graduate Council to re-engineer its function and structure
- Strategy 3.B: Comprehensively review business practices and core functions
- Strategy 3.C: Optimize graduate student application and enrollment management system and IT resources
- Strategy 3.D: Increase training opportunities for graduate coordinators and graduate coordinator assistants
Goal 4: Strengthen relationships with campus partners.
- Strategy 4.A: Strengthen and formalize relations with Office of Research (OoR)
- Strategy 4.B: Strengthen relations with Office of Student Affairs and other offices to enhance graduate student life
- Strategy 4.C: Strengthen relations with Office of Global Engagement to provide services and resources for international students
- Strategy 4.D: Strengthen relations with partners to identify experiential professional development opportunities for graduate students.
- Strategy 4.E: Increase fund raising for graduate education and graduate student support
- Strategy 4.F: Strengthen relations with Public Service and Outreach
- Strategy 4.G: Enhance partnership with Human Resources to better support stakeholders engaged in graduate education
Goal 5: Enhance communication with stakeholders
- Strategy 5.A: Redesign Graduate School website for improved efficiency and user experience
- Strategy 5.B: Improve effectiveness of Graduate School communication