TO: Graduate Coordinators
FROM: Graduate School Business Office
DATE: March 29, 2021
SUBJECT: ELIGIBILITY FOR SUMMER SEMESTER REDUCED MATRICULATION FEE FOR GRADUATE ASSISTANTS
Effective Summer 2021, departments must submit a (G104) Waiver Request Form in Grad Status for all students needing a Summer tuition waiver.
- Please log into Grad Status at https://gradstatus.uga.edu/Forms/G104. Departments can begin entering Summer tuition waivers in Grad Status on Monday, April 5, 2021.
- Submit the Waiver Request Form for Summer 2021
- Once completed, go to the “Submitted Request” tab within the Waiver Request (G104) Form
- Find the student’s waiver request for the current (202105) term and click on the details to add a comment for which condition the student will be eligible in Summer 2021. The definition for each condition are below.
Students will be eligible for the reduced matriculation fee of $25.00 during summer semester by complying with one of the below conditions.
- SUMMER SEMESTER: Students working at least 13 hours as a graduate assistant and enrolled for at least 9 graduate credit hours during Summer 2021.
- PRECEDING YEAR: Students who have held an assistantship of at least 13 working hours during Fall 2020 semester and Spring 2021 semester of the current fiscal year. The student must have also been enrolled for at least 12 graduate credit hours.
- UPCOMING YEAR: Students presenting acceptable evidence of employment of working at least 13 hours as a graduate assistant and enrolled for 12 graduate credit hours for upcoming Fall 2021 and Spring 2022.
- SPLIT YEAR: Students holding an assistantship, working at least 13 hours during the current Spring 2021 semester and who present acceptable evidence of employment of working at least 13 hours as a graduate assistant during the upcoming Fall 2021 semester. The student must also enroll for 12 graduate credit hours for both semesters.
If you have any questions, please contact the Graduate School Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.