The Interdisciplinary Certificate in University Teaching helps to prepare graduate students for future positions in higher education with development of their pedagogical knowledge and skills.
Degree Type: Certificate
Degree Program Code: CERT_2UNT
Degree Program Summary:
To assist graduate students to prepare for future academic positions in higher education, the Graduate School offers an Interdisciplinary Certificate in University Teaching in cooperation with academic departments and administrative units that support teaching and learning.
Interested graduate students should submit a formal application, a letter of support from a faculty member in their discipline, and a preliminary plan of study to begin the certificate. Upon completion of all requirements, students submit the final plan of study and supporting materials to be approved by the Graduate School program director.
- Four Sections of Teaching at UGA
- Nine Hours of Coursework
- Teaching strategies
- Student learning and assessment of the learning environment
- Technology to support teaching and learning
- Professional development for the academy
- Students will have the opportunity to take related courses in their respective academic departments as well as those offered in other departments.
- Teaching Project
- Scholarship of Teaching
- Teaching Portfolio
- A teaching philosophy statement
- Description of courses taught
- Sample teaching materials
- Sample of student work
- Innovative teaching projects and roles
- List of professional activities related to teaching
- List of special training or teaching related experiences
- Evaluation of teaching
Athens (Main Campus)
College / School:
UGA Graduate School
310 Herty Drive
Athens, GA 30602