ONLINE STUDENT “TO DO” LIST
The following information should be helpful to you as you join the graduate education community at the University of Georgia. If you have questions, contact the appropriate office, your home academic department, or Graduate Admissions. You can find contact information by locating your program on our Degrees list.
- Provide Verification of Lawful Presence: The University of Georgia must verify that you are lawfully present in the United States before allowing you to enroll. Please see the instructions for providing proof of lawful presence for information on how to provide this information.
- Complete Final Admissions Details: If you recently completed a degree and the Status Portal indicated that you must provide a final transcript or proof of degree, request the official final documents be sent from your previous institution before you register.
- Establish A UGA MyID: Your UGA MyID is a unique username assigned for you to access many University services, including registering for classes and orientation. When you applied to UGA, you should have received an important email titled “UGA Account Information – Please Keep,” which contains information about your UGA MyID. If you haven’t already done so, click on the link in that email to set up your MyID password and create your MyID profile. If the link in the email you received has expired, or you haven’t received this email, please check your spam folder or contact the EITS Help Desk or phone 706-542-3106.
- Get Your UGAMail Account: Soon after your UGA acceptance, you should receive an email titled “UGAMail Account Information – Please Keep,” which contains information about your UGAMail account. This email will be sent to the email address you provided to submit your admissions application. UGAMail is the University’s email system and all official UGA correspondence will be sent to your UGAMail address going forward. You must complete your MyID profile before you can access your UGAMail. If you haven’t received this email within 24 hours of receiving your UGA admission notification, please check your spam folder or contact the EITS Help Desk or phone 706-542-3106.
- Check-in With Your Department: Make sure that you are aware of any departmental orientation meetings for new students and that you have obtained departmental clearance for registration.
- Registration: Most departments require that you be advised for courses prior to registering for class. Check in with the department to obtain clearance for registration; then register online via the ATHENA online registration system at your MyUGA Portal using your MyID. Make sure you are aware of your department’s policies. Furthermore, it is important that you obtain information about your department’s core requirements (if any) and register for those classes that begin to satisfy those requirements.
NOTE: International students must visit the Office of Global Engagement website before registering for classes to set up their files and obtain registration clearance.
- Pay Fees: Depending upon when you register for classes, Phase I or Phase II of registration, there will be a deadline for payment of fees. Missing one of these deadlines may result in late fees and/or cancellation of classes. Billing information is sent to your UGA email account. Your student account is accessible at your MyUGA Portal. Contact the Bursar’s Office for questions regarding your account.
- International Students: Please complete immigration check-in and orientation online through compass.uga.edu. You will receive an instruction email from Immigration Services. This is required before you can register for classes. Also visit the International Student Life Office’s website to take part in the International Student Orientation activities.