A student wishing to change his or her degree objective may do so with the approval of the departmental graduate coordinator and the dean of the Graduate School. A form requesting a change in degree objective may be submitted to the Graduate School if a student has registration eligibility and is 1) changing from provisional admission status to the status of a prospective candidate for a degree within the same department; 2) changing from one degree objective to another degree objective within the same department; and/or 3) changing from one major to another within the same department.

A non-degree student or a transient student is not eligible to request a change of degree objective and must apply for admission to be considered for a graduate degree program. A currently enrolled student wishing to change from one degree and department/college to another degree and department/college must apply for admission to the new department/college.


Ready to apply?